Pages

8/3/09

Sam Pink

SPINA BIFIDA

Today I called to make a doctor’s appointment for my infected ear. I had a towel wrapped around my head to dry my hair and I was eating string cheese. The secretary asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them. I said, “I’m eating string cheese right now. Do you need to know that?” She said no. I said, “I have a towel wrapped around my head like a girl. Do you need to know that?” She said no. I said, “But it’s kind of fun to imagine right?” She said yes. When I hung up, I felt like I missed her a lot.


sam pink is 26 and is on chicago blueline asleep hoping to wake up for right stop gets along with everybody and wrote I AM GOING TO CLONE MYSELF THEN KILL THE CLONE AND EAT IT (paperhero press, 2009), THE SELF ESTEEM HOLOCAUST COMES HOME (six gallery press, 2009) and FROWNS NEED FRIENDS TOO (afterbirth press, 2009).

3 comments:

  1. i like. i relate. when i still answered phones i fell in love with a cancer fundraising telemarketer from georgia.

    ReplyDelete